Creative Commons Global Summit 2019
The next Creative Commons Global Summit will be held from the 9th until the 11th of May in Lisbon.
The Global Summit offers three days of dynamic programming at the Museu do Oriente. Every year hundreds of leading activists, advocates, librarians, educators, lawyers, technologists, and more have joined it for discussion and debate, workshops and planning, talks and community building.
The Creative Commons Summit is open to everyone who is interested. In particular, the target audience encompasses:
- Active members of the CC network (CC network members, CC country teams)
- Members of partner organizations (Mozilla, Wikimedia, Open Knowledge, etc.)
- Creators and users working with open licenses (artists, educators, researchers, librarians)
- Activists working on open access to information (lawyers, journalists)
- Representatives of funding organizations (foundations, governments)
- Potential members for any of the above (an organization or individual whose work or values align with CC but is not yet actively engaged in the movement)
- Open technology enthusiasts which contribute to the values of open through decentralized technologies (blockchain, etc.)
The Summit will be organized by the following tracks:
- Creators of the Commons (artists, makers, creators)
- Building the Commons (tools, tech, community that makes the commons run)
- Ethics of Openness (diversity, equity, inclusion, gender, de-colonisation and the role of the commons)
- Open Education, Open Science and Open Access
- Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums
- Legal, Policy and Copyright Reform
Participants will be expected to pay a fee of 295 USD.
You can register here.
Find more detailed information here.